Auto updates and downloads

• Both my Windows 7 and Windows XP computers downloaded Windows updates in the past week.  After the updates, my download speeds on both computers (I belong to several file-sharing services) slowed down to a crawl.  I spoke with the file services, and re-installed my anti-virus software without any improvement.  Microsoft advised me to uninstall all the new updates on both computers, but that didn't help at all.  I've now worked with the file-sharing services, my anti-virus software company, Microsoft and my internet provider without any improvement.  It appears that even though I removed the updates one or more of them corrupted something on my machines (this started immediately after the updates were installed on each machine).  This isn't the first time this has happened to me, and Microsoft isn't very helpful.  Does anyone have any suggestions besides completely wiping two computers with thousands of files on them?  I would have to backup both machines, which will take hours, and don't want to do it.  I also tried to go to a restore point, but the updates wiped them all out and I can only now restore to right after the updates, which won't do me any good at all.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:35 PM