Can´t start exe files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi MS,

(sorry for bad english)

at the morning, i start up the pc and the pop up is coming "Your XP is not legal" and so on.

I click "later", Windows is coming up, then after the login it comes a message the registry have to rebuild.

At this time i can´t start *.exe and  *.lnk files, only internet explorer and outlook is going on.

I try www.microsoft.com/geniune/downloads/validate.aspx, there is everthing all right, but it´s not going on again.

I try to delete the data.dat and then repeat the step on validate.aspx, but its not better.

The check on validate site was OK. That´s a Volume Key and legal.

So, what can i do.

PS:

Thanks for the lost day and many problems, you are the best ;-))

Thursday, June 8, 2006 8:52 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Greg,

thanks for your help, but how should i do that. I can't start exe files.  ;-))

I do the repiar install yesterday, now everthing works fine again. One or two little programms i must re- installed.

I lost 6 hours.

Thanks to Carey Frisch for the link! :))

Friday, June 9, 2006 6:48 AM

All replies

• I would suggest performing a "repair install".

How to Perform a Repair Install of Windows XP http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm  

Thursday, June 8, 2006 3:27 PM
  • oliverw:

To help me understand the issue further can you please follow the steps below?

1. Download and run the WGA Diagnostic Tool  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. After running the WGA Diagnostic Tool, click on the "Windows" tab and then click on "Copy to Clipboard". Paste the results into your forum response.

Thanks,

Greg

Thursday, June 8, 2006 3:40 PM
  •  

Hi Greg,

thanks for your help, but how should i do that. I can't start exe files.  ;-))

I do the repiar install yesterday, now everthing works fine again. One or two little programms i must re- installed.

I lost 6 hours.

Thanks to Carey Frisch for the link! :))

Friday, June 9, 2006 6:48 AM