How to make an entity field into a navagation tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to customize Microsoft dynamics CRM in the navigation pane.  I would like to have a field from my Account view populate into a separate tab in the navigation pane. In other words, each account in our system has a unique customer ID.  I would like to be able to search through customer IDs by clicking on their own tab in the navigation pane.

Can anyone suggest how I would do this?

Thank you.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:51 PM

All replies

• So if you have 1000 accounts, you would like to have 1000 records in your navigation pane?

That seems impractical and there is no way to do it either, as you can not have a dynamic navigation pane.

Instead look at using Global search in CRM 2015 and teach the users how to use that.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.dynateam.dk

Friday, January 30, 2015 1:34 PM
  • I did not word my question properly - no I am not looking to add 1000 records in the navigation pane.  I am looking to add ONE record to the navigation pane and have it be a field that is in my account view.  Each one of my accounts has a unique customer ID... I would like to add a navigation pane called "customer ID" so that I can easily see and search through all of them.  I believe I would have to edit the site map but I was wondering if there was another way around it...

Friday, January 30, 2015 6:54 PM