Should the SyncToyData files get overwritten during file sync job? v1.4 RRS feed

• Question

• Doing an Echo I just noticed in the top of the list are 4 files that are in the SyncToyData folder, *.bin files.  Should these get synched to the right folder?  I.e. should I let them get overwritten in the right folder?  I unchecked them this time, I see what happens and double check with another folder compare program.

Thanks,
    Monte
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi -

Those are SyncToy configuration files so you should not be syncing this over to the right side. In fact I believe SyncToy 1.4 does not sync these files over explictly. Please note we have very limited support for SyncToy 1.4 so consider moving to SyncToy 2.0 at the earliest.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi -

Those are SyncToy configuration files so you should not be syncing this over to the right side. In fact I believe SyncToy 1.4 does not sync these files over explictly. Please note we have very limited support for SyncToy 1.4 so consider moving to SyncToy 2.0 at the earliest.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:51 PM
  • Hi -

Thanks
    Deepa
    I'll probably stick with v1.4 for now.  v2.0 sounds slower and more problematic.

The files in question do come up on the Preview list as an Overwrite and they are checked, i.e. selected to overwrite the corresponding files in the right folder, or destination.  I'll play with it more and keep a closer look at what it's doing.

thanks,
    Monte
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:51 AM