Can't change Sync Location in Latest Build RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded to  latest version (Oct 30), removed all my old folders from Live Desktop, created a new folder called "Backup", I was able to change the default location initially on the two computers that singed in. After sync'ing files on the two computers (Vista x64 and XP x86), the Location field is grayed out in "Change Synchronization" dialog box. I can't change the location anymore.

Another folder "Apps", which is shared from a different account with "Owner" permission, never gave me a chance to change the location, it is always in default Desktop location. the Location field is grayed out from the beginning.

I wish I could change the location even though I know this could mean I have to re-sync all the files because the default location doesn't have enough space left.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 8:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The only way to change the location of a folder is to remove it from your mesh, move it to the new location, and then choose to sync it again in the new location.  We know that's hardly ideal (and can sometimes cause issues as well), so we're definitely looking to improve this in the future.  Please feel free to add your vote for more control over sync locations to our Suggestions sticky.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The only way to change the location of a folder is to remove it from your mesh, move it to the new location, and then choose to sync it again in the new location.  We know that's hardly ideal (and can sometimes cause issues as well), so we're definitely looking to improve this in the future.  Please feel free to add your vote for more control over sync locations to our Suggestions sticky.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 3, 2008 9:41 PM
  • Thans for the prompt reply. Can you give me a more detailed instruction? How to remove it from the mesh and where is the "sync it again" option?
    Monday, November 3, 2008 10:27 PM