The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. RRS feed

• Question

• hi Team,

we are facing a strange issue. From my development VDI which is in domain 'A' and able to connect all the services which are hosted in servers of Domain Type 'B'. But When I am connecting to one service I am getting an exception. 

The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate,NTLM'.
    source: mscorlib 

targetsite: Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage) 

stacktype: System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException 

stacktrace: 

Server stack trace: 
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateAuthentication(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, WebException responseException, HttpChannelFactory`1 factory) 
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory`1 factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding) 
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout) 
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) 
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) 
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout) 
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) 
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown
    at [0]: 
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) 
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Swarna

Thursday, March 7, 2019 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Swarna,

Thank you for posting here.

This forum is about using visual studio(designer, reported controls, editor and etc).

According to your description, I suppose this issue occur under development environment. If so, could you share project type and programming language with us? And I will move this issue to appropriate forum.

Thank you for understanding. Look forward for your reply.

Best Regards

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, March 8, 2019 5:19 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

Thank you for your response, but when I am trying to add under '.NET development' section it is going to spam.

Regards,

Swarna

Monday, March 11, 2019 12:46 PM
  • Hi Swarna,

Sorry for this inconvenience.

For better support, we suggest that you could open an new thread on the stackoverflow with VDI tag and .net tag. More community members on that forum may further look at your issue and provide more suggestions.

If you have issue about vs ide, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you solution a solution.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:13 AM