Edge Server deployement issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there guru's!

I'm trying to setup a pilot for a customer with ocs 2007, and for the first time i'll need to try and get Edge Server to work. Unfortunally i do not have the luxury of a real dmz, reverse proxy or multiple ip-addresses.

Now i just followed the general installation procedure as described in the deployement guides. What changed though, is the following on the edge server:

Internal NIC has got ip 192.168.5.204 hostname oc02.xxx.local
    External has 192.168.5.205 ocs.publicdomain.com, default gateway to the router.

To try and get around the reverse proxy (which i dont have available) i added a rule to the hosts file on the edge server with ocs.publicdomain.com pointing to 192.168.5.205

The standard ocs installation has got a ip of 192.168.5.203 and is names oc01.xxx.local

To separate the access edge roles, i have used different ports for communication.

Basicly, the configuration is:

Standard server:
     Front End Server
     SIP IP address: Port: Transport:
     All 5061 MTLS
      IM Conferencing IP address: Port:
     All 5062
      Telephony Conferencing IP address: SIP Port:
     All 5064

Edge server:
      Internal Interface Settings

IP Address: 192.168.5.204
     DNS Name: oc02.xxx.local
     Next Hop Address: oc01.xxx.local
     Next Hop Port: 5061

Internal Edge Ports

Role: Port:
     Access 5061
     Web Conferencing 8057
     A/V TCP 443
     A/V User Authentication 5062

Authorized Internal Servers

oc01.xxx.local

External Interface Settings

Role:    IP Address:     DNS Name:      Port:      Certificate: 
     Access 192.168.5.205 oc02.xxx.local 5061 (Federation) Certificate Authority xxx
        5062 (Remote) Subject oc02.xxx.local
         Subject Alternate Name ocs.publicdomain.com
    oc02.xxx.local
         Creation Date 1-8-2008
         Expiration Date 1-8-2010

Web Conferencing 192.168.5.205 oc02.xxx.local 5063 Certificate Authority xxx
         Subject oc02.xxx.local
         Subject Alternate Name ocs.publicdomain.com
    oc02.xxx.local
         Creation Date 1-8-2008
         Expiration Date 1-8-2010

A/V 192.168.5.205 publicdomain.com 5064
        50000 - 59999

The error i get when i start the MOC client is as followed:

some calls to and from people outside of your corporate network may not connect due to server connectivity problems. try signing out and signing back in. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator with this information.

Is there any way my setup is going to be able to work, and how do i get rid of the error message?
    thanks a lot in advance!

Friday, August 1, 2008 8:58 PM

All replies

• Ok i have fixed the error, there were some wrongly configured dns registrations internally. I'm still wondering to hear if its ok to use it like this. I cannot test it right now since i dont have a external pc to my availability Smile
    Friday, August 1, 2008 10:20 PM
  • Hi guys, just a small kick of my topic. Could somebody conform my configuration plan would work, or do I really HAVE to use multiple public and internal adresses?

Thanks a lot.
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 5:41 PM
  •  Mephesto wrote:
    Ok i have fixed the error, there were some wrongly configured dns registrations internally. I'm still wondering to hear if its ok to use it like this. I cannot test it right now since i dont have a external pc to my availability

Hi,

what did you change? I have the same problem...

Johann

Thursday, August 7, 2008 6:54 PM
  • I started logging / debugging sign-on sessions, and used the logs to find out there was a wrongly configured host somewhere.

Still hoping for a reply on my setup though Smile Is it possible?
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 7:26 PM
  • Thanks - I will try that tomorrow.

How is your setup (did you post under two different identities in this thread?)

Greetings,

Johann

Thursday, August 7, 2008 7:32 PM
  • Hi,

yes indeed, sorry about that Wink
    Friday, August 8, 2008 2:48 AM