I downloaded the trial version... RRS feed

• Question

• When I buy the final version, what bugs are fixed? The only major issue that I have noticed is that it doesn't recognise my windows XP login...

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:25 PM

Answers

•  DudeRick wrote:

I log in on the Xp desktop as Rick

I click on the shared folders icon

I click on users

I click on Rick

I get...

\\ server\users\rick is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource....

Access is denied...

This does not happen on the vista laptops.

Please read my previous post again.  I went back and added a link to a possible fix for your situation.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:48 PM

All replies

•  DudeRick wrote:
    When I buy the final version, what bugs are fixed? The only major issue that I have noticed is that it doesn't recognise my windows XP login...

That should not be a problem in the version you are using.  When you try to connect to the server, what error message do you see?  You might be having problems with the logon name vs. user name.  Check brubber's answer here for details.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:32 PM
  • I log in on the Xp desktop as Rick

I click on users

I click on Rick

I get...

\\ server\users\rick is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource....

Access is denied...

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:44 PM
  •  DudeRick wrote:

I click on users

I click on Rick

I get...

Access is denied...

Please read my previous post again.  I went back and added a link to a possible fix for your situation.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:48 PM
  •  kariya21 wrote:
     DudeRick wrote:

I click on users

I click on Rick

I get...

Access is denied...

Yes, you were correct as always Kariya!   Sorry that I was a little to quick to reply... You are a great asset to this forum!

Rick

Sunday, June 22, 2008 11:07 PM
  •  DudeRick wrote:
    Yes, you were correct as always Kariya!   Sorry that I was a little to quick to reply... You are a great asset to this forum!

Rick

No problem (I think I edited my post at the same time that you posted so I wasn't sure if you saw my additional info).  Also, if you do come across anything that you think might be a bug, I would recommend you post it in the Power Pack 1 Beta forum and file a bug report on Connect.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 11:17 PM