OneCare stopped "UIMM.EXE-1AD2AB3A.pf" from accessing the internet RRS feed

• Question

• I like the feature of OneCare asking permission for a program to get access to the internet.  If I don't know the program it usually gets deleted by me after being identified.  Today, uiMM.exe was identified.  Apparently OneCare has not seen this program before and it stopped to give me some choices. I had just activated a hyperlink in a PPT file, as I have previously, when the warning jumped up on the screen.  Concern makes me want to know more, so I did a search and found . . . no information about this file.  So, what is it, should it be deleted or not?  What do you think?  Thanks
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:16 AM firewall blocked file (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
    • Edited by PMR Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:31 AM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:09 AM

Answers

• I have no idea what it is, either, but the .pf extension is a clue.
    http://filext.com/file-extension/PF

I doubt that it is a prefetch file, but it could be something that was pulled down via the hyperlink that then wanted to have network access, perhaps this one: Aladdin Systems Private Files Encrypted File

In any event, I would ignore it if the .ppt file worked fine otherwise.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:15 AM