Unable to access router configuration IP!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

After installing windows one care I've been unable to access my routers configurations page through the web browser.  I'm sure it has something to do with the firewall, but I'm unable to figure out just what it is.  I have two computers in my one care circle.  One system has windows XP professional and the other has windows Vista.  the system with windows XP pro is the computer that I'm using as the hub. If anyone can give me some suggestion in how to configure one care so I can access my router I would really appreciate it.
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:57 AM

Answers

• You should no be prevented from accessing your router configuration using your browser and the router's IP address with OneCare installed. If, however, your router configuration is being done from a program, you may need to allow it in the firewall. To confirm this, open OneCare, click on change settings and temporarily disable the firewall and see if you can access the router.

What is the make and model of your router? Can you access the configuration from either PC?

-steve

Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:53 PM

All replies

• You should no be prevented from accessing your router configuration using your browser and the router's IP address with OneCare installed. If, however, your router configuration is being done from a program, you may need to allow it in the firewall. To confirm this, open OneCare, click on change settings and temporarily disable the firewall and see if you can access the router.

What is the make and model of your router? Can you access the configuration from either PC?

-steve

Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:53 PM
  •  

Testing Netgear Router WGT624 from wired connection, Hub PC. 

Works  . 

wireless connection - no test , assume it works

Saturday, February 2, 2008 11:35 PM