Minimum Security Permissions to View Accounts & Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry - me again with another question.

What are the permissions required to allow somebody to view Accounts and Contacts, and open (but not edit) the forms containing that data?

I currently can view a list of accounts in a business unit, but when I try to open one I get an "Access Denied" message and I'm getting rather frustrated - I also don't want to give more rights than I need to.

HELP!

Mike

Monday, November 14, 2011 3:57 PM

Answers

• For you case, please make sure you have the following privileges and access levels selected in the Role editor for the role you assigned to the login user.

• Core Records
      • Account: Read(Organization)
      • User Entity UI Settings: Create(User), Read(User), Write(User)
    • Business Management:
      • User Settings: Read(User)
    • Customization:
      • Customizations: Read(Organization)
      • System Form: Read(Organization)
      • View: Read(Organization)
      • Web Resource: Read(Organization)

By the way, you should be able to see the minimum required privileges information on the role editor help page. (In Role Editor, click Help button in the upper right corner and select "Create or edit a security role" topic.)

-------------------------------------------------

• It's helpful to keep in mind the minimum privileges you need to define for some common tasks. These include:
    • When logging in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online:
    1. To render the home page: prvReadWebResource, prvReadCustomization
    1. To render an entity grid (that is, to view lists of records and other data): Read privilege on the entity, prvReadUserSettings, prvReadQuery
    1. To view single entities in detail: Read privilege on the entity, prvReadSystemForm, prvCreateUserEntityUISettings, prvReadUserEntityUISettings
    • When logging in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online for Outlook:
    1. To render navigation for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and all Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online buttons: prvReadEntity, prvReadQuery
    1. To render an entity grid: Read privilege on the entity, prvReadCustomization, prvReadWebResource, prvReadUserQuery
    1. To render entities: Read privilege on the entity, prvReadSystemForm, prvCreateUserEntityUISettings, prvReadUserEntityUISettings, prvWriteUserEntityUISettings

Thanks,

Mike

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike

Generally for any Entity to just view Read Only permission is sufficient

But in Case of Accounts and Contacts

You need to even give read permission to CustomerAddress entity

The CRM platform automatically ties all of the Address fields on an Account or a Contact together with 'customeraddress' entries. 

Hope this helps and fix your problem

Dkay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:19 PM
  • Hi Dkay,

Thanks for the reply. I've looked and can't see a spot for Customer Address. We're using CRM 2011 if that's any help.

I've granted Busines Unit Read Access to Account, Contact, Activity, Connection, Connection Role (full org access), Lead, Note, Opportunity and a few more but can't open the required forms.

Cheers,

Mike

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:30 AM
  • For you case, please make sure you have the following privileges and access levels selected in the Role editor for the role you assigned to the login user.

• Core Records
      • Account: Read(Organization)
      • User Entity UI Settings: Create(User), Read(User), Write(User)
    • Business Management:
      • User Settings: Read(User)
    • Customization:
      • Customizations: Read(Organization)
      • System Form: Read(Organization)
      • View: Read(Organization)
      • Web Resource: Read(Organization)

By the way, you should be able to see the minimum required privileges information on the role editor help page. (In Role Editor, click Help button in the upper right corner and select "Create or edit a security role" topic.)

• It's helpful to keep in mind the minimum privileges you need to define for some common tasks. These include:
    • When logging in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online:
    1. To render the home page: prvReadWebResource, prvReadCustomization
    1. To render an entity grid (that is, to view lists of records and other data): Read privilege on the entity, prvReadUserSettings, prvReadQuery
    1. To view single entities in detail: Read privilege on the entity, prvReadSystemForm, prvCreateUserEntityUISettings, prvReadUserEntityUISettings
    • When logging in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online for Outlook:
    1. To render navigation for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and all Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online buttons: prvReadEntity, prvReadQuery
    1. To render an entity grid: Read privilege on the entity, prvReadCustomization, prvReadWebResource, prvReadUserQuery
    1. To render entities: Read privilege on the entity, prvReadSystemForm, prvCreateUserEntityUISettings, prvReadUserEntityUISettings, prvWriteUserEntityUISettings

Thanks,

Mike

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:20 PM
  • One more thing.  If you enable server tracing, you can know what privileges the login user are missing while opening the form in the trace files.

Thanks,

Mike

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:29 PM
  • Hello Folks,

I'm facing the same issue for logging in the CRM.I have created a fresh role called as "New Role" and have given same access rules as defined above.But the still I'm not able to login by same user.Please help me ASAp.

Prashant Wani ,Software Engineer-II,Infinx Services Pvt.Ltd.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:34 AM