Synching the data between Dynamics Navision 2009 and the SQL server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We need to synch the data from Nav 2009 for one table to one table in SQL server. We do not need to synchronise the entire database.

The requirement is that we have a Dealers table (it is an ecommerce application database) in Nav 2009 and we will create an exactly Dealer table structure in our another Sql database and need to synch the data to SQL Dealer table. We need create a search component in .net langugae to search Dealers in the SQL database.
    So how can we synch data from Nav 2009 to SQL server 2008?
    Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,
    Usha.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• I would probably use SSIS for this, have you looked into that?

Jonathan Nachman MBSP, MCTS

Microsoft CRM Technical Blog

CRM Solutions Architect for Pythagoras
    • Marked as answer by Usha2009 Sunday, June 19, 2011 12:51 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Usha2009 Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Usha2009 Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:12 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to tell more about my requirement as below.

Requirement:
    My client will give me Navision webservice. I need to connect to Navision webservice and get the data. The data I get from it I need to insert into one table in SQL Server 2008. From Navision web service all the data I get is inserted into one table only in SQL Server 2008. This Sql server 2008 is used as database to my another Web application.

So what is the approach I need to follow to insert data into SQL Server table? Is it by using SSIS packages? or by calling the Navision web service in .Net CSharp code and in the code write Csharp code to insert into SQ Server. Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards,
    Usha.

Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:13 PM