How to get enrolled in the MCT program with MCPD: Windows Developer 4.0 (Visual Studio 2010 certification path)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've finished my MCPD: Windows Developer 4.0 last november. Since then I am trying to get my MCT enrollment started via the MCT Enrollment Tool (from the mcp.microsoft.com site).
    But all I get is an error, indicating that I do not have the required certificates.

As it looks like to me you can only enroll to MCT right now if you have one of the MCPD 3.5 certificates (VS 2008 certification path). Is that correct?
    If yes, when will the 4.0 certificates be added to the mct enrollment "enabler"?

Thanks,
     - tobias

Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:11 PM

Answers

• In theory, you should be able to enroll as an MCT as long as you have any certification that enables you to teach any one of the currently available courses. As there are already a few courses based on the 4.0 version (for instance, 10262A-Developing Windows Applications with Visual Studio 2010), then you should be able to become an MCT with the MCPD: Windows Developer 4.0.

If the enrollment form does not allow you to register, then it seems like they forgot to configure that software for the new courses and their qualifications when they came out. You should be able to get a solution by means of a call to the Regional Service Center. The telephone numbers are listed at the MCP website.

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, March 4, 2011 3:16 PM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 7:52 AM

All replies

• In theory, you should be able to enroll as an MCT as long as you have any certification that enables you to teach any one of the currently available courses. As there are already a few courses based on the 4.0 version (for instance, 10262A-Developing Windows Applications with Visual Studio 2010), then you should be able to become an MCT with the MCPD: Windows Developer 4.0.

If the enrollment form does not allow you to register, then it seems like they forgot to configure that software for the new courses and their qualifications when they came out. You should be able to get a solution by means of a call to the Regional Service Center. The telephone numbers are listed at the MCP website.

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, March 4, 2011 3:16 PM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 7:52 AM
  • Hi Albert,

thanks for your quick reply. Actually, I am in contact with the Regional Service Center but they couldn't help my either. The guy there escalated my case about three times without any real success.

Do you know about any alias I could contact/mail to get this "error" fix?

Thanks,
     -tobias
    Friday, February 4, 2011 7:01 PM
  • When escalation through the RSC doesn`t work, you may sometimes get results by emailing someone at microsoft who holds a position of responsibility related to the "faulty" process. This should be treated as a last resort after having exhausted the normal channels. In your case, you may try emailing your concerns to Ben Watson, director for Training and Certification at Microsoft Learning. bwatson -at- microsoft.com.

Friday, February 4, 2011 7:51 PM