Outlook Integration Error on every 1 out of 10 users RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have a small setup with currently around 20 users running OCS 2007, about half of them running Outlook 2007 and half of them running Outlook 2002 (XP).

Two of these users get an Outlook Integration Error in Communicator 2007 saying: "There was a problem connecting to Microsoft Office Outlook. Your Outlook profile is not configured correctly. Contact your system administrator with this information."

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Outlook profile several times with no luck. I've tried to reinstall Office twice with no luck. I also tried to delete the windows profile and reinstall it with no luck.

In a forum i read that running FixMAPI.exe fixed the problem on some setups so i also tried this but still with no luck.

I also checked that the default SMTP address is the same as the SIP address.

All users should have pretty much the same setup, but on 1 out of 10 users this issue seems to popup.

We are running Communicator 2007 build: 2.0.6362.0

Does anybody know of a solution to this problem?

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know the solution, but am very anxious to hear about it. I have the exact same situation here (two out of twenty people have the issue). It is not related to the communicator version, and deleting the OST file didn't help either. SIP address corresponds to SMTP address.

What might be related is that the two having problems are on SP1 for Office 2007. After this, the hotfix for Outlook cannot be reinstalled. Could it be that the hotfix is broken by SP1?

Regards, ErikD

Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:34 AM
  • I am having the same problem here and have tried everything I can think of. I installed office2007-kb936864-fullfile-x86-en-us.exe, uninstalled Office 2007, Office Communicator, reinstalled all, downloaded and installed Office2007 SP1, created a new Outlook profile and the problem still remains.

We are also running Communicator 2007 build: 2.0.6362.0

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated but I really think this one needs to come from Microsoft.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 3:05 PM
  • Dear Sir :

i use the OCS server 2007 and office 2007, is no problem~

First, i install the communicator.mai-->install communicator.msp-->communicatorMUI-->install KB936864

want try again?

Friday, April 11, 2008 7:58 AM