W10 upgrade - W7 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• I have bought my used laptop, from a school. Just been used a student for 2-3 years. On the Windows logo sticker on the underside of the laptop is says "Win7 Home Prem OA" and when i check with Ccleaner it says "Windows7 Enterprise 64 bit sp1" and windows own (toolbox/system) says "Windows 7 Enterprise"

The problem is now when i tested to do a Windows 10 upgrade. It started to run the upgrade and i entered the productkey, that is on the windows sticker on the underside, then it said "Product key not valid"

I have also tested with program to read the productkey that is in the registry and it's just BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB.....

What to do??

Sunday, August 23, 2015 5:14 PM

Answers

• You need to revert back to the original operating system before the upgrade - contact the school and see if they have the necessary disks. Point out to them that they were in breach of licensing rules by selling the machine with Enterprise still installed (and also possibly by upgrading Home Premium to Enterprise in the first place!).

If they can't/won't give you the Recovery media for the machine you can either reinstall using borrowed retail media for Home Premium, or contact the manufacturer for a set.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, August 23, 2015 5:43 PM