SMTP installation RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried to install the Windows Component "SMTP" under the IIS application, but the install wizards asks for a Windows 2003 Server Disc after installing some options off the WHS Install disc.  Is there any way to install SMTP within the WHS?

(Reason for this is that I've installed Sharepoint 2007 and want to set up the use of email alerts etc)
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 9:52 PM

Answers

• I've tried to install the Windows Component "SMTP" under the IIS application, but the install wizards asks for a Windows 2003 Server Disc after installing some options off the WHS Install disc.  Is there any way to install SMTP within the WHS?

(Reason for this is that I've installed Sharepoint 2007 and want to set up the use of email alerts etc)
    Installing SMTP (or anything else that requires server desktop access for that matter) is unsupported.  Having said that, I believe the contents of the Server 2003 CD is part of the WHS DVD.  I don't have the DVD in front of me, but I believe the folder name is I386 or something similar.
    • Marked as answer by BobC_01 Thursday, November 5, 2009 5:41 PM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:30 AM

All replies

Installing SMTP (or anything else that requires server desktop access for that matter) is unsupported.  Having said that, I believe the contents of the Server 2003 CD is part of the WHS DVD.  I don't have the DVD in front of me, but I believe the folder name is I386 or something similar.
    • Marked as answer by BobC_01 Thursday, November 5, 2009 5:41 PM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:30 AM
  • Thank you.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 5:41 PM