Windows 7 suddenly not recognizing Canon camer RRS feed

• Question

• In less than 12 hours, my Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop which came with Windows 7 installed (bought at Best Buy) suddenly no longer recognizes my Canon Powershot A430. I've used it almost daily since I got it 9 mos ago and have done nothing to change anything on the laptop. I tried the device troubleshooter which told me it couldn't determine the problem. I'm not computer savvy and appreciate any help that you can give me. I do still hear the little "ping" noise when I connect the camera, but the screen to begin downloading no longer appears automatically. And it always shows the camera in devices too. Thanks so much for any assistance.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:23 PM

Answers

• "skylersmom" wrote in message news:f54ca652-aa17-4ac0-aa28-eaeabc516daf...
    In less than 12 hours, my Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop which came with Windows 7 installed (bought at Best Buy) suddenly no longer recognizes my Canon Powershot A430. I've used it almost daily since I got it 9 mos ago and have done nothing to change anything on the laptop. I tried the device troubleshooter which told me it couldn't determine the problem. I'm not computer savvy and appreciate any help that you can give me. I do still hear the little "ping" noise when I connect the camera, but the screen to begin downloading no longer appears automatically. And it always shows the camera in devices too. Thanks so much for any assistance.

Please repost your query in a more appropriate forum - this one is for activation and validation problems with Windows 7
    You should post either in the Windows Answers forums, or the Canon forums
    or

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:43 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:59 PM
  • This forum is for issues with copies of Windows that are found to be not genuine. 

It is not for programs and devices that have problems with Windows.

Try this forum:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/threads

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:03 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• "skylersmom" wrote in message news:f54ca652-aa17-4ac0-aa28-eaeabc516daf...
    In less than 12 hours, my Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop which came with Windows 7 installed (bought at Best Buy) suddenly no longer recognizes my Canon Powershot A430. I've used it almost daily since I got it 9 mos ago and have done nothing to change anything on the laptop. I tried the device troubleshooter which told me it couldn't determine the problem. I'm not computer savvy and appreciate any help that you can give me. I do still hear the little "ping" noise when I connect the camera, but the screen to begin downloading no longer appears automatically. And it always shows the camera in devices too. Thanks so much for any assistance.

Please repost your query in a more appropriate forum - this one is for activation and validation problems with Windows 7
    You should post either in the Windows Answers forums, or the Canon forums
    or

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:59 PM
  • This forum is for issues with copies of Windows that are found to be not genuine. 

It is not for programs and devices that have problems with Windows.

Try this forum:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/threads

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:03 PM
    Answerer