WIndows Live Application Setup different than documentation RRS feed

• Question

• It looks like the screens for the Windows Live authentication setup for the website has changed.  The documentation shows steps that include the validation of the domain.  These options are not available when I go out to register my application.  Is there updated documentation anywhere on how to register a site for Windows Live authentication?
    Troy
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Troy,

Updated documentation with instructions for Azure install using Live-ID auth is available at the below links:

Customer Portal

Partner Relationship Management Portal

- Palak

• Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:37 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:49 AM
  • Has a new version been made available for on-premise yet?  I got this working, but the outdated documentation wasted a lot of time.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:03 PM
  • Hi Palak, I am facing issue with live ID sign-on into the portal.

When I try to sign in using the Windows LIVE ID1, I got an notification “Mycompanyportal.cloudapp.net is not affiliated with windows live.”. I am unable to sign-in to portal using the Windows Live ID.

Here is what I have done:

1)      Live ID1 is used for CRM Admin account; Live ID2 for Azure billing account

2)      Live ID1 to connect to https://live.azure.com and create app “mycompnayportal.cloudapp.net

a.       Noted app ID, Secret

3)      In visual studio, webconfig, I included LIVE ID1 credentials, app ID, Secret as well as Device ID, pwds that was created using the websitecopy;

4)      Deployed the package in azure production

When I click on http://mycompanyportal.cloudapp.net, it brings up the contoso web page but I am not able to sign-in;

Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:12 PM