Dynamics CRM 2013: Error:Unable to get property 'd' of undefined or null reference when using Claims based authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I have a system working well without claims based authentication. Currently, we are adding claims based authentication using ADFS. The login and communication everything work fine, except when we try and save a lead.

We get a message stating:

There was error with the field's customize event.

Field:  crmFrom

Event: crmsave

Error: Unable to get property 'd' of undefined or null reference.

If we disable claims based authentication, everything works fine again. Anyone facing such issues?

Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please provide code that is used inside your onsave handler.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:38 PM
  • I have been researching further on the possible issue.

OnSave handler calls a separate Ajax web service. Typical response on the call would be the response code - 200. This is seen as expected in the standard scenario. Once claims based authentication is set up, the call to the service returns a 202.So, the result set isn't built. Infact, the service call does not occur. An alert message on the first line of the webservice does not get triggered.

However, we see the following warning in firebug:

'This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1"

At this time, probably the hash function with SHA-1 may be the cause of the issue that we are facing. We plan to upgrade the algorithm to SHA-2; redeploy certificates and see if there are any further evidences pointing to the issue.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:50 AM
  • out of curiosity, the 202 error you get only with a specific browser (I suppose Google Chrome) or with other browsers as well?

As far as I know Google is enforcing this check on certificates.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - CRM Theme Generator

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:12 AM