Dynamic CRM 2011 integration with Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What are the steps to integrate or configure crm 2011 to use active directory for on premises authentication?

Thanks!

Vinayak Chavan
    Friday, April 8, 2011 12:49 PM

Answers

• Yes that is the only step. As long as the installation user has the correct permissions (provided in the installation guide I linked previously), the CRM installation will do the rest. The groups will be created and autopopulated.
    • Marked as answer by VinayakChavan Friday, April 8, 2011 1:24 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 1:22 PM

All replies

• It already does by default for on premises authentication.  Your people won't see it as it's usually seamless if they are on the domain.  It just logs you in automatically as the person you are logged into.  You have to specify the person's active directory domain\user when you make them a user in CRM.

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Friday, April 8, 2011 1:11 PM
  • Active Directory is a requirement for for CRM installation as that is what is used for all authentication. The integration is setup during the install to an OU that you specify. Groups are added to that OU and CRM uses them to manage access. You can download the Implementation and Planning guide here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9886ab96-3571-420f-83ad-246899482fb4

I'm not 100% sure what you are looking for but that should have all of the AD info you need.

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Tyner Friday, April 8, 2011 1:13 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 1:11 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for reply. Actually I am looking for the steps to configure DCRM with Actibe directory. I think during DCRM installation we need to provide only OU. That is the only step we need to do?

Vinayak Chavan
    Friday, April 8, 2011 1:21 PM
  • Yes that is the only step. As long as the installation user has the correct permissions (provided in the installation guide I linked previously), the CRM installation will do the rest. The groups will be created and autopopulated.
    • Marked as answer by VinayakChavan Friday, April 8, 2011 1:24 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 1:22 PM
  • Thanks Jason!
    Vinayak Chavan
    Friday, April 8, 2011 1:25 PM