Marie Magic RRS feed

• Question

• My documents in Office are locked?? When prompt for product key it replies "invalid". Unable to use or edit in word 2007???? Hepl me please

Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:59 AM

Answers

• "Marie Magic" wrote in message news:f5575e40-38ad-4a40-8b13-7a88b0d509a6...

My documents in Office are locked?? When prompt for product key it replies "invalid". Unable to use or edit in word 2007???? Hepl me please

Your documents aren't locked - but the installation of Office may well be. If Office came preinstalled on your machine. then it's almost certainly only a trial copy - and you need to purchase Office to continue using it beyond the end of the trial. The Key you are attempting to use is probably the one from the COA sticker on the case - If you actually read what it says on the sticker, that Key is for Windows, not Office (they are two different things entirely).

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:17 AM
  • My documents in Office are locked?? When prompt for product key it replies "invalid". Unable to use or edit in word 2007???? Hepl me please

Please review:

How to determine whether you have a trial edition of a 2007 Office suite or program installed

How to purchase Microsoft Office 2010

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:51 PM

All replies

• "Marie Magic" wrote in message news:f5575e40-38ad-4a40-8b13-7a88b0d509a6...

My documents in Office are locked?? When prompt for product key it replies "invalid". Unable to use or edit in word 2007???? Hepl me please

Your documents aren't locked - but the installation of Office may well be. If Office came preinstalled on your machine. then it's almost certainly only a trial copy - and you need to purchase Office to continue using it beyond the end of the trial. The Key you are attempting to use is probably the one from the COA sticker on the case - If you actually read what it says on the sticker, that Key is for Windows, not Office (they are two different things entirely).

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:17 AM

Please review:

How to determine whether you have a trial edition of a 2007 Office suite or program installed

How to purchase Microsoft Office 2010

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:51 PM