Is there a New WLOC Build out RRS feed

• Question

• I was just checking out the wloc website and it's green now and list some features I've not yet heard of like ID theif protection. and some other features is there a new build out or what ?

Just wondering if I'm missing something ?

Monday, March 24, 2008 4:15 AM

Answers

• No new build, Mikro.

I suspect that the overzealous Marketing people are hyping the fact that OneCare enables the IE Phishing filter. There is no additional protection for ID theft in OneCare other than the IE Phishing filter.

There are no other features listed, that I see, that we don't already know about. :-)

-steve

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:21 PM

All replies

• No new build, Mikro.

I suspect that the overzealous Marketing people are hyping the fact that OneCare enables the IE Phishing filter. There is no additional protection for ID theft in OneCare other than the IE Phishing filter.

There are no other features listed, that I see, that we don't already know about. :-)

-steve

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:21 PM
  • The marketing people Steve spoke of decided to launch a new WLOC campaign, "Get Green, Stay Green".  Only the color has changed, lol.

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/03/17/get-green-and-stay-green-with-windows-live-onecare.aspx

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:59 PM
  • Obviously neither of you are Irish, I thought the St. Patty's day reference was fairly obvious myself. Thoguh I do suspect the idea had more to do with some marketing person looking at the other's at the end of that day's most popular activity than OneCare itself ;>)

OneCareBear

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:25 AM
  •  

Aw Man that's a rotten trick for exsisting users.

You did bring up something though the Anti Phishing Monitor in WLOC must still work in IE8 because I've not seen any issues even though IE8 has a huge updated security safety control more than just anti phishing. 

Maybe WLOC Marketing Hired a Leparcon to do the spring marketing Ploy eh   

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:34 AM
  • So where's the Pot O' Gold???

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 4:54 AM
  •  OneCareBear wrote:

So where's the Pot O' Gold???

It's in wloc 2.5

Sunday, April 20, 2008 12:54 AM