Editing fails... RRS feed

• Question

• Dear M.A.S. Team,

I have recently discovered your search tool, and find it very promising. Also those features like the Visual Explorer make it quite unique. However, I could only find a single one of my publications online and decided to upload more. PDF upload worked fine for most files, basically. And also a BibTex upload resulted in no errors. However, none of the changes (applied ca. one week ago) seems to have any effect. When will I see whether those data imports have worked? Besides, there's another issue: I managed to edit my author information once, but since that time (also ca. one week), whenever I try to edit my author info, I get an error message telling me that someone else was already editing me...?

Could you possibly help?

Thanks, and best regards,

Andreas

P.S.: In case it helps, this is my personal homepage: http://www.holzanatomie.at (with full records of my publications and conference presentations in the respective sections)

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:23 AM

Answers

• Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your continuous support. We checked our records, your profile and new papers will be online very soon, sorry for the delay and inconvenience. We are keeping on improving our service, your constant usage and suggestions will do a lot of help for us, thanks again for your patience and concerns.

Microsoft Academic Search Team
    • Marked as answer by Stella Li Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:26 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:26 AM

All replies

• Just found the thread of Rory Lewis... wow... a four weeks lock..? Seriously, are there any plans to improve this procedure?

Aghast,

Andreas

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:32 AM
  • Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your feedback. Actually we've got piles of requests on authors and papers to review that may make part of reviewing work delayed. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your papers have been uploaded successfully and profile has been updated as well. All the changes will show online in several days. Please check back later, and then you could double check your papers or perfect your profile yourself. We’ll also improve our algorism and put in more manual work to deal with users’ requests. Thanks again for your concerns and patience.

• Marked as answer by Stella Li Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:49 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Andreas G. Heiss Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:07 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:48 AM
  • Dear Stella,

Thank you for your kind reply - actually, I do think Microsoft Academic Search can be a highly useful tool. However, as many others have already suggested, a procedure involving more work by the contributors themselves would speed up things drastically. But as I understand from your message, these requests are already being dealt with, and your team is working on improvements. So I will wait some more and hope for a bright future for M.A.S.

Thanks again for your help, and best regards,

Andreas

Monday, March 21, 2011 11:51 AM
  • Dear Stella,

Great - yesterday, my profile was again free to be edited. But *none* of the uploaded literature references had been associated to it, neither *any* of the uploaded PDFs or *any* of the other changes I had submitted the first time. And now the profile is locked for editing - again!

Exuse me, but this is neither very helpful nor useful. I have too much to do in my worklife to check back with Microsoft Academic Search every two days, and upload my whole scientific record again and again. Please, *radically change* the way your system works *immediately* or it is never going to be used by anyone. And maybe have one or two short looks at Google Scholar, or at Academia.edu, and tell me I am wrong...

Again, disappointed and upset,

Andreas

Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your continuous support. We checked our records, your profile and new papers will be online very soon, sorry for the delay and inconvenience. We are keeping on improving our service, your constant usage and suggestions will do a lot of help for us, thanks again for your patience and concerns.

• Marked as answer by Stella Li Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:26 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:26 AM