Related records in Activity views RRS feed

• Question

• I've added a custom entity called Project and have set a many-to-one relationship from Project to Opportunity.
    The Opportunity form now contains a list of related projects and I have a related opportunity attribute on my project entity - all is well.

Now, when I look at the activities in an opportunity I also want to see activities attached to related projjects. This doesn't seem to work (I select 'Include related records' in the activity view).

Can anyone tell me what constitutes a 'related record' in this context and whether there's anything I can do to get my project activities to appear when looking at the opportunity?

TIA,
    David
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:22 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately this is not possible. The 'related record' functionality only applies to system entities, and cannot be used for custom entities

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:11 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately this is not possible. The 'related record' functionality only applies to system entities, and cannot be used for custom entities

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:11 PM
  • Dear David,

its not possible

You can define your own page and get related activities show that into grid through developement.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:35 AM