FIX THE REMINDER FEATURE RRS feed

• General discussion

• FIx the reminder feature- reminders for missed SMS, Emails and Calendar appointments is broken in WM6. Third party apps partially address this issue but cause other problems and compatibility issues. This is all over the internet- we've had to go back to WM5 devices because of this. Why isn't there a patch for this yet???

Monday, September 24, 2007 8:01 AM

All replies

•  

>>Why isn't there a patch for this yet???

Or a minimum, some type of acknowledgement that the problem exists and someone is working on it.  This drove me crazy until I started researching on the internet and discovered that it is a pervasive problem on many devices from many manufacturers.

This is a must-have feature on a hand-held.  Please fix it soon!

Monday, September 24, 2007 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

Could you elaborate on the scenario that's not working properly and what you expect to happen?

Thanks,

Spencer

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:51 PM
  • Scenario: I set an appointment for tomorrow evening. It is morning now, or days before. I set the reminder for one day. OK, one day from tomorrow evening at 10, in other words 10pm today - the reminder goes off. Now I have ONLY two choices, really. 1) choose to be reminded all through the night, by snoozing at 5-/15-minute or 1-hour increments OR 2) cancel the reminder and never be reminded. By tomorrow I will have forgotten about this appointment. Make sense? There are no "remind me again in 8 hours" or "remind me 4 hours before the event". This makes the reminder and frankly calendar, useless IMHO. I am ex-MSFT.

Saturday, November 3, 2007 6:28 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem:

Recently, I was reminded of a birthday. The birthday was on 9th november but the reminder appeared at 23:45 - meaning 15 minutes before the beginning of the day ..... this is absolutely useless.

This happens only with my new Windows Mobile 5.0 device. With my old Windows Mobile 2003 device the reminders apeared by defauld 15 minutes before the "work time" (only on weekdays) but with Windows Mobile this doesn't work anymore.

Even better would be the possibility to set the reminder at any preferred time, even after the start time of an event.

As an example, to clarify:

There's a full day event in my town on a Saturday. I set the start and and time of this event but because I need to do some shopping first (or because I want to sleep longer) I want to set the reminder one hour after the actual start time of the event ..... unfortunately there's no such possibility.

I know that the last point is not possible at the moment, also not in Windows Outlook for Desktop computers. But I really hope that one day this issue will be changed in a new software version, at least for Windows Mobile.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:45 AM
  • I am thrilled to find this thread because I have been going nuts trying to figure out why my reminders won't work.  I thought it was only my machine but I see now others are having the same problem.  I am running a Verizon XV6700 with Windows Mobile Version 5.0 OS 5.1.195 (Build 14928.2.2.0).  The reminders simply don't work.  Every other sound and alarm is working fine. For reminders the time comes and goes and nothing happens except the bell icon is gone from the meeting I had set the reminder for.

Who at MS can we address this issue to?

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:18 PM
  • Unbelievable, end of 2007 and still no fix for this huge mistake.

I don't understand, everything was fine on windows mobile 2003, some unreasonable developer though it's better to have unreasonable time frames for reminder snooze in WM5, the mistake was recognized by users all over the world and is well documented on the web but yet, no one in Microsoft have heard of this issue or addressed it, not to mention fix it?! 

Is there anyone in MS that read this forum? Is Microsoft aware that this forum exist at all?

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:19 AM
  • WOW! And I thought I was the only one in the world having this issue!! I paid over $600 for an iPAQ 4700 a couple years ago running 2003 SE. Everything worked Great. Of course I wanted to upgrade to WM5 when HP offered it for that model. Now it's worthless to me. I bought it because of a brain injury and I have trouble remembering meetings etc. With the constant reminders popping on my ipaq, I was doing great. Now I'm back to where I started. I've been blaming HP for this. I spent several hours and phonecalls on with HP. They kept pointing at MS once they couldn't figure it out. I don't have the money to get another device. I don't know what to do.....I can't find my original disk, or 2003 SE on my machine. Any suggestions?

Saturday, December 15, 2007 12:51 PM