Bulk Update MS CRM 2011 Price List Items RRS feed

• Question

• I'm wondering if there is any straight forward way of updating pricing on products in CRM without manually updating the records or using a tool like scribe. The issue is that I need to bulk change the Product Entity's List Price, and the Price List Item's related to that product. It seems there should be a way to easily bulk export Price List items and then reimport from a CSV.

We're overriding our Product/OrderProduct structure in CRM to use custom pricing, and being able to bulk change Price List items would be a huge boon.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:25 PM

All replies

• Looked like I didn't look hard enough online before posting.

here's a handy URL for others that come here.

https://community.dynamics.com/roletailored/customerservice/b/cscrmblog/archive/2010/11/04/importing-two-or-more-entities-from-a-single-file.aspx

• Marked as answer by nickpeterson Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:41 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by nickpeterson Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:52 PM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:41 PM
  • Guess I jumped the gun again... This explains the process to import Account and Contact, but it appears that's the only multi-entity import supported out of the box. I checked the datamapping in the setting section and there is no option to make a new one. So how do I let CRM know I'm importing multiple entities in one CSV file?
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:53 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Did you manage to work out a solution for this? I'm having the same exact problem and been struggling for a couple of days. Would be grateful if you know of a solution!

Kind regards,

Alex.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:48 AM
  • Hey Nick/Alex, 

Have either of you figured this one out?

I have imported all my products into the CRM but adding them to an opportunity is such a chew on for our sales team. I want to use code to set a default pricelist, so that they can quickly add products. This means that I will need all the products under a price list, and we have a lot, so I would rather not do it one at a time.

My only other option is to hack the SQL into the database...

Cheers, 

Mark

Friday, January 27, 2012 10:35 AM
  • Hello,

Just had the same problem.  Seems strange not being able to Export Price List Items and enable them for Re-import. (This is in CRM 2011 RU6).

The workaround we had is as follows (via SQL which is unsupported) :-

1.  Query the existing records via SQL and deliver to a user to modify. Copy the Output into Excel.

SELECT  PriceLevelIdName ,
            ProductIdName ,
            UoMIdName ,
            Amount
    FROM    dbo.ProductPriceLevel ppl

2.  Create a new table in the Database (we'll drop it later) to load the spreadsheet

CREATE TABLE _tmpDataLoad
        (
          field1 VARCHAR(1000) ,
          field2 VARCHAR(1000) ,
          field3 VARCHAR(1000) ,
          field4 VARCHAR(1000) ,
          field5 VARCHAR(1000) ,
          field6 VARCHAR(1000) ,
          field7 VARCHAR(1000)
        )

3.  In SQL Server Management Studio use Object Explorer to browse to the _tmpDataLoad Table and right-click and select Edit Top 200 Rows. Copy from the spreadsheet the rows (except header) and paste into the table.

4.  Run an SQL command to update the records from the amount (the below assumes that the Amount is in column 4) :-

UPDATE  dbo.ProductPriceLevel
        SET     Amount = field4
                  , Amount_Base = field4
    FROM dbo.ProductPriceLevel ppl INNER JOIN _tmpDataLoad tdl ON tdl.field1 = ppl.PriceLevelIdName AND tdl.field2 = ppl.ProductIdName AND tdl.field3 = ppl.UoMIdName

5. Drop the tmp table

DROP TABLE _tmpDataLoad  

Good luck.

Thanks
    Glenn

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:22 AM
  • Direct SQL updates to the database is not supported. You can create a tool using the CRM sdk or probably look out for tools already available for this exclusively. You can check one of them at http://www.inogic.com/addons_price_list.htm. HTH Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:43 AM
  • Hi,

There is a third party tool for the same. Please refer the link below:

http://www.dynamics-pros.com/Products/PriceListUtilities/tabid/285/Default.aspx

Hope it is helpful. Please mark it as an Answer if it satisifies your query.

Shall keep you posted with latest updates.

Best Regards,

Ankush Grover

• Proposed as answer by Ankush Grover Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:10 AM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 12:47 PM