none
KMS activation Failure with KMS Server ( Host - Windows 2008 R2 )

Question

• Hi , I tried to install a KMS server on Windows 2008 R2 server . In command Window with Administrator , i added the Windows Server 2008 R2 Std . Ent KMS B Key using with below Command.c :\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxxxxxxxxxx

then it shows a message that Installed product Key xxxxxxxxx Succeefully

then i tried to activate another  windows server 2008 R2 server & Windows 7 Enterprises Client PC with above KMS Server . but it generate a errors. please find the below Error Messages.

Can I know that what may be the issue ? please advise on this .

Regards, COMDINI
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 5:33 AM

Answers

• "comdini" wrote in message news:f56e1208-c6eb-4c16-a9bc-6681562aff4f...

Hi , I tried to install a KMS server on Windows 2008 R2 server . In command Window with Administrator , i added the Windows Server 2008 R2 Std . Ent KMS B Key using with below Command.c :\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxxxxxxxxxx

then it shows a message that Installed product Key xxxxxxxxx Succeefully

then i tried to activate another  windows server 2008 R2 server & Windows 7 Enterprises Client PC with above KMS Server . but it generate a errors. please find the below Error Messages.

Can I know that what may be the issue ? please advise on this .

Regards, COMDINI

The problem appears to be that the activation limit has been reached -
    “The Key Management Service (KMS) key has exceeded the activation limit.”
    That said, assuming that you haven’t yet used this Key for anything, I think you’d be better advised to repost this query in a more appropriate forum – the TechNet ITPro forums would be better – and under the Win7, rather than Vista heading.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:07 AM