none
MPI_Iallreduce missing from MS MPI 8.1? RRS feed

• Question

• MPI_Iallreduce is provided in MS MPI 7, but appears to be missing from version 8.1.  Can you confirm?  For now, I will downgrade to version 7.1.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:06 PM

Answers

• Your response surprised me, so I looked at the MS MPI 8.1 installation on another machine and found MPI_Iallreduce was indeed available.  I must have a bad (mixed-version?) installation on my main development machine.  On that machine, MPI_Iallreduce is not provided in mpi.h -- but my machine at home has it.  Weird.

Tomorrow, I will do a complete uninstall on my main development machine and reinstall version 8.1.

• Marked as answer by KineticTheory Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:21 AM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I just downloaded MSMPI 8.1 and the SDK, I built a 'hello world' program which uses the MPI_Iallreduce function, and it runs successfully.

Can you provide any error messages you're seeing so we can help troubleshoot the issue?

Can you run the following commands in a command prompt and share the output?
    - where mpiexec.exe
    - where msmpi.dll
    - set msmpi

• Edited by JGSchneider Wednesday, August 30, 2017 7:31 PM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 7:30 PM
  • Your response surprised me, so I looked at the MS MPI 8.1 installation on another machine and found MPI_Iallreduce was indeed available.  I must have a bad (mixed-version?) installation on my main development machine.  On that machine, MPI_Iallreduce is not provided in mpi.h -- but my machine at home has it.  Weird.

Tomorrow, I will do a complete uninstall on my main development machine and reinstall version 8.1.

• Marked as answer by KineticTheory Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:21 AM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:20 AM