Vail Refresh internal file transfer issues RRS feed

• Question

• While moving/copying files from one shared folder to another using the console (or Remote Desktop, or any other means), the transfer process frequently fails leaving the explorer.exe process running at 50% until the system is rebooted.

For example: Moving a Blu-Ray rip from the ripping software's dump folder to the Movies folder (separate shared folders)

Explorer's file copy dialog shows up: Time remaining: Calculating... Items remaining: Caclulating... Speed: Calculating...

I left the window alone for a few hours but nothing changes (the file is ~10GB and shadow copies are disabled in both shared folders)

Strangely, this almost always only happens to video files, pictures and executables don't tend to experience the problem.

Specs are:

C2D E8400, 4GB DDR2-800MHz RAM, G210 GPU and around 5.5TB over 5 drives

• Changed type kariya21Moderator Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:10 AM technical question
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:50 PM

Answers

• Did you, per the release notes, install the QFE after installing Vail Preview Refresh?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:41 PM

All replies

• Did you, per the release notes, install the QFE after installing Vail Preview Refresh?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:41 PM
  • Seems to have fixed the issue! Can't believe I missed that QFE in the Refresh download
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:39 PM