VS2010 Internal Compiler Error when compiling Qt 482 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently unable to compile Qt 4.8.2 commercial due to a compiler bug in VS2010 SP1.

It's difficult to pinpoint the exact lines of code causing it, as it happens with different source files - always at the beginning, when including standard Qt include files.

For testing, I removed the inline function around that line, then the error happened a few lines further down.

The common element seems to be the invocation of _mm_setzero_si64()

BTW: it happens while building the Debug version, so optimization shouldn't be in the loop, I didn't get as far as Release, yet. And it's 32bit.

What in the world would be causing this?

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:03 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:00 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

I think your issue should be raised in the QT Forum I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to off-topic, Please open a new thread in that forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, June 5, 2012 11:55 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:02 AM

All replies

• If you are getting an ICE, do your best to create the smallest sample that you can which reproduces this error and then go to the connect website. In the Visual Studio and .NET Framework connection you will be able to post a bug report.

Just be sure to test this out in the VS11 beta, it may have already been fixed.

This is a signature

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Do you want Visual Studio 11 Express to be freely installable on Windows 7 and able to write regular C++ applications? Please vote for this.

• Edited by Darran Rowe Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:28 PM Forgot to link to the connect website
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:27 PM
  •  

Hello,

I think your issue should be raised in the QT Forum I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to off-topic, Please open a new thread in that forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, June 5, 2012 11:55 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:02 AM