none
Which path to take RRS feed

• Question

• I'm considering a new career path to take.  I would like to work mainly as a help desk technician and then grow from there.  My question is as a newbie here what microsoft certification should I begin with?  MTA? MCSA?  Also would you recommend bootcamps or trade schools?  Thanks.
    Monday, June 9, 2014 2:03 PM

Answers

• For a help desk tech, you'll want to pursue something like the MCSA for Win8 or Win7 (keep in mind very few corporations are using or looking at Win8 - ergo - go for Win7).  

I'd try and point you to the specific pages on Microsoft's Learning website, but...it's down (ironic?)

Monday, June 9, 2014 6:52 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• For a help desk tech, you'll want to pursue something like the MCSA for Win8 or Win7 (keep in mind very few corporations are using or looking at Win8 - ergo - go for Win7).  

I'd try and point you to the specific pages on Microsoft's Learning website, but...it's down (ironic?)

Monday, June 9, 2014 6:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Charles for the reply.  So no considerations for the mta beginning certifications?  I'll look into the MCSA training that is offered locally.  Also I know the site is down but if you or anybody else can point me in the right path, as in server, database.  Thanks.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:26 AM
  • For Win8 or Win7, opt for MCSA. But very few corporations are looking at Win8. To prepare for MCSA, select a good institutes that have good faculty and provide proper training using real equipment. I am also Microsoft certified from Koenig Solutions, which is world's #1 offshore training institute
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:36 AM