none
windows application and web api RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo,

I am new to Azure and to web programming in general. Maybe this is the wrong place in which to ask this question but I have no better idea where to ask.

I am trying to create a windows application in visual studio. This application should be able to upon request ask some info from an app (api?) which lives in the cloud. This app or api should run in the cloud. It should generate some text thus it must be a program. When it generate this text it should also save it in a database in the cloud and also return this text to the application in windows who first contacted this cloud app/api. It would also be nice if the app/api could send a confirmation email.

I already have an Azure account. However because I have no experience in web applications I have no idea where to start. Someone told me I should use an api and that is why I am looking into that. 

Can someone send me in the right direction? I have no problem in programming the windows application (wpf, c#) as long as I get to know what/how/when about the Azure part and how to connect to it and make it work.

By the way, I dont want a website I want a windows application.

Some help will be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Jason

Jc

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 9:13 PM

Answers