Three copies of my PC in onecare circle RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I had to reinstall Windows Vista on my PC and OneCare as well. Now I have three copies of my own PC in addition to two other PCs in my oncecare circle. I cannot to remove the copies of my own PC nor can I get the status of the other two PCs in my circle. What can be done?
    Ernst
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:55 PM

Answers

• If this is the only PC in your Circle and it is shown 3 times, change the settings in OneCare for the PC to stop being a hub computer.
    If there are other PCs in your Circle, make one of the other PCs a Hub temporarily and see if you can remove the "ghost" entries from there.
    Note that removing the ghost entries is optional and only an issue if your encounter an error when installing on another PC and encounter an error that you've installed on the maximum number of PCs already.
    If you are unable to remove the ghost entries, you can contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    -steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, November 23, 2009 2:16 PM