"Error occurred during import" when importing enterprise resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to import enterprise resources from MPP2010 to Project Server 2010.

1. I open MPP from the Resource Center. I make sure that I don't have any resources selected when I do that.

2. I setup the columns for which I have data.

3. I copy and paste the resource data from Excel into MPP.

4. I start the Import resources wizard and continue to step 2.

5. Validation shows there are no erros so I click Save and Finish.

6. MPP throws an error: "Error occurred during import"

7. When I click OK, I get another error that I'm working offline and not connected to the server. But I'm sure that I am.

No other error description is shown. I'm not importing a project here, so there cannot be an error in the plan data. It must be an error in the resource data, but I have no way of knowing which resource has the error.

Does anybody have any idea what it can be?

Thanks,

Quint.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can choose any of the resource in the Resource Centre other than the currently working resource (may be material or cost resource) and open to edit the resource in the MPP 2010. Check you have already logged in the MPP 2010 with your profile connected to Project Server 2010.

Now insert the fields which you likely to have the information required for the resources. Also, check the data available in the excel falls under the similar field type and arranged accordingly. Copy and paste the resource data from Excel to MPP 2010. Copy half / quarter list first and paste in MPP 2010 and click Save. Identify any errors you get, if not, repeat the step for rest of the reosurces too. Do this with some interim breaks.

Once you had found, all the resources and relevant enterprise custom fields got updated with necessary data, then click save and close the Program.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Raj

Thanks, Raj
    Friday, July 1, 2011 10:56 AM