windows 7 build 7600 not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• after i installed some windows update about 2 hours later i got a not genuine pop up and it may be counterfeit. i don't really use this computer very often but when i do it's kind of annoying
    i cant find the original box or disc but i do have the sales receipt for when i purchased it
    here's the report log from the wga tool plz help!

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0019.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50

Cached Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0x80070422
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2
    Windows Product Key Hash: W5/6nm6F2UPXrCkY5xUhXb/+21g=
    Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001
    ID: {211670A5-9DC5-45E5-BDF0-1AB44F1356DE}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 7600.win7_gdr.091207-1941
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[hr = 0x80070002]
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[hr = 0x80070002]
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[hr = 0x80070002]
    File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[hr = 0x80070002]

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{211670A5-9DC5-45E5-BDF0-1AB44F1356DE}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0019.0</Version><OS>6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-HYRR2</PKey><PID>00426-OEM-8992662-00006</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2836823477-367315759-2846224241</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTeK Computer INC.</Manufacturer><Model>LakePort</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version> 3.19</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20061208000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>F28C3707018400FC</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>LENOVO</OEMID><OEMTableID>TP-7X   </OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x80070422' to display the error text.
    Error: 0x80070422

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    HrOffline: 0x00000000
    HrOnline: 0xC004C4AB
    HealthStatus: PASS
    Event Time Stamp: 2:24:2010 05:11
    WAT Activex: Not Registered - 0x80040154
    WAT Admin Service: Not Registered - 0x80040154

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: MAAAAAEAAgABAAEAAQACAAAAAQABAAEAeqhaGcJeNNJI5DTn+Loul3K11V9ACuw7

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20001
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value
      APIC            HP-CPC        ASUSACPI
      FACP            HP-CPC        ASUSACPI
      MCFG            HP-CPC        ASUSACPI
      SLIC            LENOVO        TP-7X  

Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:35 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'm no expert in these things but according to your report you have an Acer/Gateway/Packard Bell Computer (Product ID), motherboard manufactured by Asus (SID, Manufacturer, "Lakeport" chipset) with BIOS SLIC for a Lenovo TP-7x. That's quite a brew.
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:43 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:18 AM
  • ok this is a hp pavillion its from like 2005, it originally came with xp which i upgraded to vista then last year i upgraded to windows 7 now i get popups saying your version of windows may not genuine and i lose my desktop background. why is it doing this after 5+ months of use.
    i cant find the original box or disc but i do have the sales receipt for when i purchased it

Hello 2bigs3,

Your Windows 7 is using an OEM SLP key. This type of key is Not sold in stores. This type of key Only comes in computer that came with Windows Preinstalled.  OEM SLP keys are geared to work with an OEM Bios Flag found on the motherboard of computers from that Manufacturer.  The Bios Flags are Specific to the Manufacturer and the version of Windows that it works with.  When an OEM SLP keys finds the Proper OEM Bios Flag, it self-activates Windows.

As you have stated, your computer originally came with Windows XP, so your computer would have an HP OEM Bios Flag for Windows XP, not Windows 7.

However, your PC somehow has the OEM Bios flag for a Lenovo.  This could only happen if you flashed your computer's Bios with Lenovo Firmware and even then, the Bios Flag would not show as valid. Or there is a program installed that is telling Windows that a Lenovo OEM Bios Flag for Windows 7 is present, when it is not.

There are programs out on the internet (and sometimes Sold as Genuine Windows Software) called OEM Bios Hacks.  An OEM Bios Hack is a program that makes Windows think there is an OEM Bios Flag on computers where there are none (or makes Windows thinks there is a OEM Bios Flag for Windows 7 when only one for XP, is there). This Hack combined with an OEM SLP key makes Windows to self-activate.  Thereby avoiding the need to Activate using a Valid Product Key.  Microsoft recently released an Update the makes Windows 7 ignore around 70+ hacks, including many OEM Bios Hacks. 

Given all this, I can only conclude that your computer, had a Windows 7 OEM Bios Hack installed.  

Now, I am not accusing you of piracting Windows 7. My job is to troubleshoot/diagnose Non-Genuine issues and inform you of the results and provide suggestions on how to resolve the issue. I don't know if the OEM Bios Hack came on the CD that you bought or if it was install at some other time. Nor do I know who installed it.

All I can tell you is that without an OEM Bios Hack, a computer that originally came with Windows XP can not run an OEM SLP version of Windows 7.  The only way that could happen is if an OEM Bios hack was involved. And since your issue occured after Microsoft release an update that makes Windows ignore Activation Hacks I can only assume that your Windows 7 was working in the past because of an OEM Bios Hack and the recent Microsoft Update made the Hack no longer functional.

Your Windows 7's Non-Genuine messaging is valid. Your Windows 7 is, in fact, Non-Genuine.

Resolution:

You have a number of options to resolve the issue.

a) You can try reinstalling the Windows 7 you bought. Then go to http://microsoft.com/genuine and click the Validate Windows button.

-If it comes up as Non-Genuine, you know that the Disk has the OEM Bios Hack and is Non-Genuine.
    -If it comes up as Genuine, you know that the Disk is Genuine and the Bios Hack was somehow installed later.

b) you can revert back to Window XP, since we know that your computer is licensed to run that copy of Windows.

c) You could revert back to your past copy of Vista.

d) Lastly, you could buy a Genuine version of Windows 7 (from a reputable Retailer or online e-tailer)

Thank you,
    Darin MS

Monday, March 1, 2010 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm no expert in these things but according to your report you have an Acer/Gateway/Packard Bell Computer (Product ID), motherboard manufactured by Asus (SID, Manufacturer, "Lakeport" chipset) with BIOS SLIC for a Lenovo TP-7x. That's quite a brew.
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:18 AM
  • Hello,

I agree, I am unsure how you could have a Asus Motherboard with a Lenovo Bios SLIC. 

However that may have occured, your only resolution would be to change your product key to the COA SLP product key listed on the CoA Sticker on the side or bottom of the computer.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Unmarked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, February 26, 2010 6:55 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:39 PM
  • It's a hp pavillon i don't know why its saying all that other stuff must be an eror or something, anyway i tryed the product key but it says invalid and it's a older xp model.
    I just wanna know why after like 5 months of using windows 7 this happened and can i fix it
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:03 PM
  • Hello 2bigs3,
    it's a older xp model.

I am unsure if I understand how the PC could be an older HP XP model if it came with Windows 7 pre-installed.

There is a COS sticker on the computer that has the Product key. Besides the Product Key, would you tell me what the COA Sticker says (do not post the Product Key)

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Friday, February 26, 2010 6:54 PM
  • Hi

A lot of hps come with xp liscense which is hp oem , but will come installed with a new os e.g windows 7. you will probably find the operating system restore disks are either xp or windows 7 , rarely get both as usually optional . what you have to do if you have windows 7 disks then just get the key from whats installed already then contact microsoft and register the old xp liscense for a new windows 7 liscense which it will replace . if you haven`t got the windows 7 disk you will have to contact hp and probably have to purchase the windows 7 disks for future use.

- you may have a software program to create these disks
    - because normally its a "used many times code" it may have flagged on the liscense genuine by mistake wait a bit and might go away , or if you deregister the xp and get the win 7 liscense and change it it might then stop flagging .

- i cant remember the exact reason but  because of a loophole in the law xp was still offered in the business laptop world and Hp did not  not supply the obvious.

Friday, February 26, 2010 11:14 PM
  • ok this is a hp pavillion its from like 2005, it originally came with xp which i upgraded to vista then last year i upgraded to windows 7 now i get popups saying your version of windows may not genuine and i lose my desktop background. why is it doing this after 5+ months of use.
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 12:31 AM
    same is happening on my toshiba a215
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:42 PM

Hello 2bigs3,

Your Windows 7 is using an OEM SLP key. This type of key is Not sold in stores. This type of key Only comes in computer that came with Windows Preinstalled.  OEM SLP keys are geared to work with an OEM Bios Flag found on the motherboard of computers from that Manufacturer.  The Bios Flags are Specific to the Manufacturer and the version of Windows that it works with.  When an OEM SLP keys finds the Proper OEM Bios Flag, it self-activates Windows.

As you have stated, your computer originally came with Windows XP, so your computer would have an HP OEM Bios Flag for Windows XP, not Windows 7.

However, your PC somehow has the OEM Bios flag for a Lenovo.  This could only happen if you flashed your computer's Bios with Lenovo Firmware and even then, the Bios Flag would not show as valid. Or there is a program installed that is telling Windows that a Lenovo OEM Bios Flag for Windows 7 is present, when it is not.

There are programs out on the internet (and sometimes Sold as Genuine Windows Software) called OEM Bios Hacks.  An OEM Bios Hack is a program that makes Windows think there is an OEM Bios Flag on computers where there are none (or makes Windows thinks there is a OEM Bios Flag for Windows 7 when only one for XP, is there). This Hack combined with an OEM SLP key makes Windows to self-activate.  Thereby avoiding the need to Activate using a Valid Product Key.  Microsoft recently released an Update the makes Windows 7 ignore around 70+ hacks, including many OEM Bios Hacks. 

Given all this, I can only conclude that your computer, had a Windows 7 OEM Bios Hack installed.  

Now, I am not accusing you of piracting Windows 7. My job is to troubleshoot/diagnose Non-Genuine issues and inform you of the results and provide suggestions on how to resolve the issue. I don't know if the OEM Bios Hack came on the CD that you bought or if it was install at some other time. Nor do I know who installed it.

All I can tell you is that without an OEM Bios Hack, a computer that originally came with Windows XP can not run an OEM SLP version of Windows 7.  The only way that could happen is if an OEM Bios hack was involved. And since your issue occured after Microsoft release an update that makes Windows ignore Activation Hacks I can only assume that your Windows 7 was working in the past because of an OEM Bios Hack and the recent Microsoft Update made the Hack no longer functional.

Your Windows 7's Non-Genuine messaging is valid. Your Windows 7 is, in fact, Non-Genuine.

Resolution:

You have a number of options to resolve the issue.

a) You can try reinstalling the Windows 7 you bought. Then go to http://microsoft.com/genuine and click the Validate Windows button.

-If it comes up as Non-Genuine, you know that the Disk has the OEM Bios Hack and is Non-Genuine.
    -If it comes up as Genuine, you know that the Disk is Genuine and the Bios Hack was somehow installed later.

b) you can revert back to Window XP, since we know that your computer is licensed to run that copy of Windows.

c) You could revert back to your past copy of Vista.

d) Lastly, you could buy a Genuine version of Windows 7 (from a reputable Retailer or online e-tailer)

Thank you,
    Darin MS

Monday, March 1, 2010 8:23 PM
  • KellyLSB,

please create your own thread for your issue and include a Diagnostic Report.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Monday, March 1, 2010 8:30 PM