"Genuine Windows 7" RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a re-conditioned HP Touchsmart 310-1000z in April.  It's been running fantastically ever since I bought it.  A couple of days ago I started getting a pop up window that says I don't  have a genuine copy of windows 7.  I have no idea what I did to start receiving that pop up but since I have I can't dowload anymore Windows 7 updates.  Can anybody think of something I did to cause this and especially can anyone think of how I can fix this.  BTW, when I got the system I didn't get any of the software disks.  Appreciate any help I can get.
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:48 PM

Answers

•   In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:58 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:52 PM
    Answerer

All replies

•   In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:58 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:52 PM
    Answerer
  • In addition to George's request for the MGADiag report, I urge you to order recovery disks from HP for your model computer.  Be sure to order the version of Windows 7 that is listed on the COA sticker affixed to the computer.  Otherwise the product key on the sticker will not work should you need it.  You should have this software regardless of what issues may or may not be present right now.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:23 PM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:58 PM