wga failure RRS feed

• Question

• I turned on my computer this evening to be greeted by the message that my computer hardware has been signifigantly changed and that I need to reactivate windows in three days. Not bad considering it was genuine when I turned it off some 10 hrs previous and went to work and the last four or five month it has been installed and gone through wga numerous times. I tried reactivating via phone but can't because it want display a id number. This is the second time this has happened the first after only a couple of days of installation at least the first time I could get through your obnoxious phone system, now I can't even do that. Where is the speak to a real person  and get some answers?

I want my window reactivated and wga off my system. Yes I am annoyed!

Ghost

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Not Activated
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-83QMK-PJFYB-W78W3
    Windows Product Key Hash: mckYj5RUZsYao1tEMbD7kK3ePIM=
    Windows Product ID: 76477-OEM-2160955-99601
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    ID: d51eccf9-6e95-4bde-a140-54c60a9f087c
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial:
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 1
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-3178-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>d51eccf9-6e95-4bde-a140-54c60a9f087c</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-W78W3</PKey><PID>76477-OEM-2160955-99601</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-527237240-73586283-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>0502   </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20051006000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>B793398701844066</HWID><UserLCID>0C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Cen. Australia Standard Time(GMT+09:30)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:55 AM

Answers

• Thank you for the assistance it worked after turning off the pc 3 times it finally let me read the statement, yes I did a fully virus and spyware scan and came up clean.

There is still however the unaswered question of why it suddenly failed have I just got a buggy copy of windows or is there a problem with WGA and if so is it going to happen again.  This has not happened on any other installs I have done on other pc's, but has left me very dissapointed and really wondering whether up dating to vista is a viable option. I shall be turning off my auto updates as it seems the only threat to my system is WGA. 

Friday, June 22, 2007 6:57 AM
  • Ghost,

Glad your up and running. As for your other question I dont have an answer at the moment. Please keep us posted on this particular machine should the problem arise again. There could be other concerns which may require a reload but we won't go that route until absolutely necessary.  Have a great weekend.

STephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, June 22, 2007 5:33 PM

All replies

• Ghost,

Enclosed are the instructions for telephone activating. Also I have enclosed a Knowledge Based (KB) article that will provide a phone number for you to call.

Please activate Windows XP by calling a Microsoft customer service representative. The Activation Wizard displays the toll free number that you can dial.

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative and activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click “Start”, point to” All Programs”, point to “Accessories”, point to” System Tools”, and then click “Activate Windows”.
    Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.

2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.

3. Click “Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement”, click “Back”, and then click “Next”
    4. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box and then click “Next”.
    Note:  The number appears now and differs based on the location that you select.

5. Once activation is completed and you receive the following message, click “OK”.
    You have successfully activated your copy of Windows.
    More information on how to activate Windows XP at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890
    Also you may reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  If you are done with the activation, kindly proceed in validating the copy of your software by going to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine .  Click “Validate Windows” button.
    Please post again if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:41 PM
  • Thank you for the assistance it worked after turning off the pc 3 times it finally let me read the statement, yes I did a fully virus and spyware scan and came up clean.

There is still however the unaswered question of why it suddenly failed have I just got a buggy copy of windows or is there a problem with WGA and if so is it going to happen again.  This has not happened on any other installs I have done on other pc's, but has left me very dissapointed and really wondering whether up dating to vista is a viable option. I shall be turning off my auto updates as it seems the only threat to my system is WGA. 

Friday, June 22, 2007 6:57 AM
  • Ghost,

Glad your up and running. As for your other question I dont have an answer at the moment. Please keep us posted on this particular machine should the problem arise again. There could be other concerns which may require a reload but we won't go that route until absolutely necessary.  Have a great weekend.

STephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Friday, June 22, 2007 5:33 PM