After modifying few files in winsxs folder I am getting the windows licence error RRS feed

• Question

• After perfroming windows update on the vista home machine, the machine was getting continously restarted. I have tried to let it continue for more than 50-times. same is case with safemode. Later I booted with recovery options and checked the winsxs folder. I found some 500+ files with name pending.*. To get the machine back online I have moved these files to different location. After this the Restart problem disappeared. However after restarting the machine I was getting Windows has detected unauthorised change and click below to fix. The link led me to Genuine VISTA checup site and it fails to detect my copy as genuine.

I am able to go into the safemode. Tried to uninstall recent MS Updates but the uninstall was failing. Tried to do the disk cleanup but there is no use with that as well. Tried the option of the starting slsvc service. after this I got the "system error 54273 occured" message. Could someone please advise if I can activate my OS?

Thanks

Chandu

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:28 PM

Answers

All replies