Windows Media Player problem establishing file links RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a Windows Home Server for about 4 months now.  I have 2 laptops in my network and recently added a Media Center PC.  I have a large amount of music on the Server (35,000 songs @ 260 MB) .  The laptops have loaded all of the library links into Media Player 11 however it took quite a long time. Almost a day each if I remember correctly. 

Here is the issue.  I am having difficulty getting the library loaded into the WMP 11 on the Media Center PC.  I have disabled the firewall but that did very little to help.  When scanning it finds all files on the server without issue, but when it starts to add songs it takes about 30 seconds per file and eventually hangs.  Also when I minimize (close) it doesn't seem to find any other files despite saying that it will work in the background.

Since this isn't actually moving files just establishing links to them is there any library file on the laptops that I could just transfer over to this new PC like I have done with the Itunes files?

One other note..... On the Media Center PC, I see that I see as a seperate file system "User 1 on HPserver"  This has all of the files, and would be fine, however there is no cover art.... which is a real drag.... If I could just add the cover art which is contained in each file (I am very particular) this would solve the problem.

Thanks for the help.
    Monday, September 21, 2009 11:31 PM