none
Urgent - My Threads issue RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since the last server maintenance period I have not been able to view the last reply links in the My Threads page, it gives me a 404 error (for those who don't know the net codes, 404 is when the server cannot find the specified file). However clickng on the thread title works fine, so it is very annoying to have to find the last reply because the links are broken in the My Threads page.

This is very annoying for me as I use the last reply link a lot!!! Please fix!
    This happens on multiple machines, OSes, and browsers.

User agents of browsers I've had this happen on:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b5) Gecko/20091204 Firefox/3.6b5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1)

Mozilla/5.0 (PLAYSTATION 3; 1.00)

Please fix!

- JoelbX    My favorite threads | Computer tips
          Contact me | 'Gadget' programs
    • Edited by JoelbX Monday, January 25, 2010 3:08 PM edit sig, add another agent
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 10:02 PM

Answers

• We don't a fixed rule that we ship every month. We do have out of band releases between our regular monthly ship dates. I understand the severity of the bug but at the same we're looking into fixing other higher priority issues which really relates to stabilizing the forums app. This week, we've experienced backend issues that affected points, alerts, etc... We've rectified the problem and moving forward these are the type of bugs that will take precendence. However, don't think that we're not going to fix other bugs such as the last reply link. This we have already schedule for the Feb release.

Thanks for the patience

Forums Test Lead
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:10 AM
  • Hi There-

I have escalated this to the developement team.  Will reply when I have an update.

Thanks-
    Alicia

Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Monday, December 21, 2009 6:57 PM
  • We've fixed issues around urls if a thread has been moved to different forums/brands. However, we still have an active bug around last reply links being broken. We're targeting to release the fix on our Feb release (2/18 is our target date).

Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 6:08 PM
  • We are pretty sure we know why this is happening. We will be working on a fix. The short answer to why this is happening, at least in some of the cases, is that the forum thread last reply link is not branded correctly....so in some cases the last reply link url domain is social.msdn when it should be social.technet (depending on the forum last reply link). We'll get this fixed as soon as we can.  You should be able to use the link to the thread (that will contain the 'last reply') until this is addressed.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, December 28, 2009 6:51 PM
    Answerer

All replies