Windows Live One Care RRS feed

• General discussion

• I installed Windows Live One Care on my new system yesterday.  We did the virus scan and it did not detect any viruses.  It did however say there are multiple security problems with the computer.  When I clicked on the icon it would not let me find a program on the virus protection and the spyware and malware protection would not let me turn it on.  We already had a subscription to Windows Live One care and just added the new computer to the subscription.

Also when we downloaded our previous documents the new system we are not able to open the documents.

Please help right away.  I have previously put in a question and it has not been answered.  My son needs to access the internet for homework so we need to solve this issue right away.

Thanks.
    Monday, March 23, 2009 7:52 PM

All replies

• There is a bug on Vista with the latest build of OneCare, released last week:

Sticky: windows security center error - Vista / OneCare 2.5.2900.22

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:31 AM
  • My first reply was for the Security Center warning. If OneCare is in green status, but you are getting warnings from the Security Center, you are seeing the bug.

For your other points: "Also when we downloaded our previous documents the new system we are not able to open the documents.

Please help right away.  I have previously put in a question and it has not been answered.  My son needs to access the internet for homework so we need to solve this issue right away."

I don't know what the first statement means. "previous documents" meaning what? Is it possible that your new computer does not have Microsoft Office installed on it and the documents were created in applications that are installed on the other PC?

I also don't know what "access the internet" means in your post, as your original paragraphs mention nothing about a problem accessing the Internet on the PC. If you installed OneCare and it is blocking access to the Internet from that PC, I suspect that you did not remove other security software that was on the PC already. New PCs often come shipped with Norton Internet Security or similar and that would need to be removed forst to prevent a conflict.

Finally, this forum may provide help, but we are fellow customers. This is known as a peer to peer discussion forum. Support can be reached per the following:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:35 AM