Phone Conferences with external Numbers after R2 installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

after the installation of R2 i am not able to start a conference with an external number.

Scenario:
    i call me from my Mobilephone... everything is fine. then i try to invite another Person (Ocs User)

i got the following Message

Cannot perform the selected action. This action may not be permitted by the conferencing service. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

Can you Help me please?

Thanks
    Pascal
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:49 AM

All replies

• Please check your Meeting policies and verify if IP Audio is enabled

You might also start a New Debug session on the pool to see what sip messages/errors are exchanged

- Belgian Exchange Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:47 PM
  • You may also want to check you have "Allow users to invite anonymous Participants" selected at either the global or user level. This will affect conferencing also. Check under meetings at the forest level in global properties.

Cheers

Chris

http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Friday, February 27, 2009 4:30 PM
  • Hi All,

I have same issue that I am trying to resolve for 2 months.

I have same results in your scenario.

Did you try scenario2

First establish comunication with OCS user then invite by phone (PSTN user). That scenario does not have same output error in my case. I have "An error occured during the call error ID 16389 ".

I tried with logging sesions A/V MCU and only thing that have find is:

TL_WARN(TF_COMPONENT) [3]0FC8.16FC::03/10/2009-11:28:56.948.00000093 (AvMcu,User.Shutdown:user.cs(2210))( 0000000002063D6D )[C3P]{18292} The 'Add User' request has failed, and the user object is being destroyed. Reason: 'InternalError'

TL_ERROR(TF_COMPONENT) [0]0FC8.1020::03/10/2009-11:28:56.952.00000094 (AvMcu,UserMediaManager.CreateEndpointAndStreamsCallback:usermedia.cs(821))( 0000000002BBC8E6 )[UserMediaManager]{sip:+xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.yy;user=phone} MP CreateEndpointAndStreams exception. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

If you have some resolution on this please reply.

Thanks
    Dzek

Thursday, April 23, 2009 10:21 AM
  • HI Dzek,

When i first looked at this feature in our lab using standard edition I had no problem now deploying into production we have run into several issues around conferencing and dialin conferencing (EE) so you are not alone. I understand there are some fixes for conferencing in the April rollup whcih we havent deployed yet so I will make mention here once we have deployed it.

Cheers
    Chris
    http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:00 PM
  • Has anyone found a solution to this conferencing issue?
    We are running OCS R2 on Server 2008 (not R2) and I have two users that cannot conference. Everyone else can conference without a problem. Both users have siwtched machines and still have the issue. I have also deleted their profile on OCS and reconfigured them, making sure they were enabled for conferencing.
    Friday, December 18, 2009 7:13 PM