Account register coming up two years old RRS feed

• Question

• When opening account register for Microsoft Money Plus in windows 10 all of a sudden is two years old
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:45 PM

All replies

• Not sure what you might be asking.

How about this setting, which is available at the top of each account register: View:AllTransactionsCoveringAllDates,SortedByDate(Increasing)

Thursday, September 1, 2016 6:54 PM
  • I get no information at all program must be corrupted
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 7:18 PM
  • Is Microsoft Money plus still available for download
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 7:37 PM
  • Yes. See what is currently the second post in this forum. After install, put in the patched DLL described in what is currently the first post in this forum.

I would copy your latest backups (*.mbf files) to other media in case there is a problem with your hard drive.

Here is some info on testing your installation and doing some repairs:

Copy Sample.mny from your install folder (typically in C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft Money* or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Money*" ) to your
    Documents folder.  Open Money by right-clicking that copy of
    sample.mny and choose Open.  Does it open and work?
    If not, the problem is probably with your installation. In that case,
    reinstall Money.

If Sample.mny works, I suspect a problem with your
    file.  Hold (make a copy of) your backups in case you want to restore one that
    pre-dates the problem.  You can switch back to your file by clicking File, and
    selecting your regular file from the list at the bottom.

You can try a File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair.  That is simple, but it
    probably will not solve this.  Then try I would try making a repaired version
    of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

If it still does not work, try restoring a backup that pre-dates the problem.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:39 PM
  • Make sure that your copy of Windows 10 is fully updated before running Money. There are patches that are in the updates that help Money work correctly.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:13 PM