Transfering Piclist values from parent to child entity in a workflow that creates the child entity RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully created an Opportunity_history object to document or record the history of an opportunity. When a new opportunity is created or an existing open opportunity is changed, a workflow is triggered that creates an instance if the opportunity_history object and populates the opportunity_history object with its parent opportunity's attributte values. The opportunity_history entity has a N:1  Parental relationship to its "Parent" opportunity.

Is there a way to transfer the picklist values from the parent entity to the child entity through the workflow (mentioned above) that createds the child entity using the parent entity's values? Please note that the child entity has all matching attributes with the parents including picklists. The picklists in the child entity have all the same integer values and matching labels as the parent oppportunity picklists. Ideally, I would like to be able to - from the child entity, reference the parent entity's picklist values to that they can be managed in one place, at the parent entity level. Again, thank you for answers to previous questions and any help with this one would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry guys, this was meant to be a question and not a discussion.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:50 PM

Answers

• An update on this issue: Being that each instance/record of a opportunity_history entity is meant to me merely a snapstop and never to be modified again, I converted the corresponding picklist data attributes in the opportunity_history entity to nvarchar attributes.. Now I can map my picklists in the Opportunity entity to their corrsponding nvarchar fields in my workflow. Problem Solved.
    • Marked as answer by Deene Ogden Friday, July 29, 2011 3:48 PM
    Friday, July 29, 2011 3:46 PM