Office 2003 not genuine; genuine disk bad. RRS feed

• Question

• My copy of Office 2003 is not genuine.

I purchased a genuine copy from a computer seller on Ebay.

I put in the disk & nothing happens. When I try to access the drive, I'm told there is no disk in the drive.

The seller said he will replace the disk, but he hasn't yet.

I'm getting notification that the software is not genuine and will be labeled not genuine in 4 days.

What happens in 4 days? I'm trying to address the situation, but got a bad disk.

Any advice?

Dan

Thursday, June 3, 2010 11:18 PM

Answers

• I received the new disk and was able to install.

Thanks for the help.

Friday, June 4, 2010 9:31 PM

All replies

• "Dan_Brewer" wrote in message news:f5c54c09-f68b-4935-a579-e02ded72b6c9...

My copy of Office 2003 is not genuine.

I purchased a genuine copy from a computer seller on Ebay.

I put in the disk & nothing happens. When I try to access the drive, I'm told there is no disk in the drive.

The seller said he will replace the disk, but he hasn't yet.

I'm getting notification that the software is not genuine and will be labeled not genuine in 4 days.

What happens in 4 days? I'm trying to address the situation, but got a bad disk.

Any advice?

Dan

Download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft..com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post. 

This will help us determine information that will allow us to help you.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 2:55 AM
  • I received the new disk and was able to install.

Thanks for the help.

Friday, June 4, 2010 9:31 PM
  • Hello Dan_Brewer,

Based on a lot of experience here, I would strongly urge you to run the mgadiag and post the report.  Sadly, there's not a lot of Genuine software on eBay, so let us check your installation while your eBay transaction is still within the return period :-)

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Friday, June 4, 2010 10:41 PM