microsoft Word RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am new to this forum. I have just had my computer completely overhauled and forgot to ask the guy to keep on microsoft word. How do i get this back? Can i download it from somewhere? I currently have xp home edition. Please help?

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:04 PM

Answers

• Microsoft Word is a commercial product that can not be downloaded.  It requires an installation CD and a license key.  When you find your CD, you should find the license key on the case.

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:11 PM

All replies

• Microsoft Word is a commercial product that can not be downloaded.  It requires an installation CD and a license key.  When you find your CD, you should find the license key on the case.

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:11 PM
  • I should have added that if you don't have a license for MS Word, you can purchase the relatively inexpensive Microsoft Office Home & Student edition for <$100 and this includes a 3-user license.  Dell currently offers it for about $85 - check sites like Techbargains or Slickdeals for regular specials.  It includes Word and Excel.

Additionally, if you don't want to purchase a license at all, but want most of the common functionality of MS Office, consider Open Office.  It's free.  It will likely open your existing Word documents and allow you to modify them.

Friday, July 25, 2008 4:57 PM