Need help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I develop an application some year ago in vb 6.0. One of my customer are not willing to upgrade and now they have a new client that needs this program. Someway I am not able to find my source code anymore. I have the original exe file. When I try to run it it show only part of the data (only comboboxes, rest of the fields it show only fieldname). The application are linkt with a ODBC datasource to a sql server 2008.

Is there anyway to get the application running again on this computer. I'll tried to run it from a working computer, but with same result. I have also install the runtime package - vbrun60sp6.exe

Thank you in advansed

• Moved by Martin_Xie Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:16 AM Redirect to related VB6 Forum for better support. (From:Visual Basic General)
    Monday, January 9, 2012 2:01 PM

All replies

• Depends on what kind of computer, however, if that is an older system than Windows Vista and not 64 then there is probably a problem with that computer. 

Otherwise your advice can be never to switch to newer OS systems and not to update that again. Be clear to him that all security risk are in that case for him.

However, this forum is not for VB6, try the resources in this link to find a better solution if this does not fit you.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/6a0719fe-14af-47f7-9f51-a8ea2b9c8d6b

Success
    Cor
    Monday, January 9, 2012 2:29 PM
  • Ok thanks. My customer run xp sp3 as they do on all of their computers.
    Rune
    Monday, January 9, 2012 3:01 PM