Live Meeting Security Time out problem with Round Table RRS feed

• Question

• When we schedule a live meeting between two conference rooms that both have round table devices after exactly 15 minutes we get kicked out with the following error:

"For security reasons relating to the server, this meeting is ending.
    The meeting requires at least one participant from the organizer's company to be in attendance"

This happens everytime with both sides are using round table.   If only 1 side is using roundtable we don't get kicked out.  I can't find the solution to this anywhere.. please help!  This is using on-premise Live Meeting.  Using microsoft's hosted live meeting we don't get this problem.

C
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:28 PM

All replies

• I can honestly say that I have never seen this message, nor can I find any reference to it in our technical documentation.  Can you look again and confirn the exact wording of the message, and confirm again what application is returning this message?

I've looked through the obvious areas of the policies for conferencing and can't find a configurtion option that would apply to this, so I'm a bit at a loss as well.

Rick
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 7:58 PM
  • Hi Ch0wd0wn,

We found that we would get this error if the meeting organiser (the person who sends out the meeting request) is not logged into the live meeting.

We setup our meeting rooms so that there was a dedicated machine in the room connected to the roundtable with an account that we would invite to the meeting, then when the users arrived in the room they would log on with this account and connect to the meeting. The meeting would start but after fifteen minutes would be cut off with the message you pasted in your post. This was the same for internal only and internal to external meetings.

In the end we had to scrap this way of setting up the meetings and we asked our users to setup the meetings from their own accounts and then plug their laptops into the roundtable when they arrive in the room. Im pretty sure that we would also get this message if the meeting request was sent from a user with 'send on behalf' rights into somebody elses mail account.

Hope this helps!

Dan.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:13 PM