none
WHS 2003 crash and burn RRS feed

• Question

• Major storm, lights went out, everything kicked over to the UPS's. ( Yea, we live in a rural area by Sacramento with some outages) Checked my HP EX470 running WHS 2003 and it was off. Rebooted and all lights were red. Pulled all 4 drives and plugged one at a time into my Win7 desktop and they all came up  There is only data on the servers main drive, all other have no data, Trying to comy all my downloads and get ERROR 08x80070780. The file cannot be accessed by this system. Reading other forums on this site said that most likely the problem was the actual files were on the other drives but there is no data
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Phil, yes I did, I've spent a few days reading the forums but I was confused.  I did go in and checked show hidden folders and found the DE folder, drilled down until I got to the WHS

Registration then it came back with a notice about changing my registry and I hit cancel.  Sorry, had a stroke a couple years ago and I just can't remember alot of things about being a tech for 30 yrs. No excuse just how it is!

Finally threw the towel in and called one of the techs who used to work for me.  He came over and showed me how to find my files, YES they were in the DE folder.  My apologies for not understanding what was said about finding my data in other drives from my server. 
    • Edited by VacaDean Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by VacaDean Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:16 PM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:35 PM

All replies

• Have you read the FAQ section of this site regarding data recovery after a server failure?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:27 PM
  • Hi Phil, yes I did, I've spent a few days reading the forums but I was confused.  I did go in and checked show hidden folders and found the DE folder, drilled down until I got to the WHS

Registration then it came back with a notice about changing my registry and I hit cancel.  Sorry, had a stroke a couple years ago and I just can't remember alot of things about being a tech for 30 yrs. No excuse just how it is!

Finally threw the towel in and called one of the techs who used to work for me.  He came over and showed me how to find my files, YES they were in the DE folder.  My apologies for not understanding what was said about finding my data in other drives from my server. 
    • Edited by VacaDean Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by VacaDean Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:16 PM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:35 PM
  • Sorry to hear that. Olaf's instructions are the best available. http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/whsfaq/thread/cf354b5d-b37b-4b7f-a0d5-8e573697777f

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:44 PM