none
Automate Control for which UI Provider is not implemented? RRS feed

• Question

• My application uses a third party control called Far Point Spread for WinForms by Component One Studio team. I wanted to automate it using the Windows Automation Framework, however, it seems that they haven't implemented a UIAutomation Provider for that spread. As a result of this, its properties are not exposed to Spy++ or any other spying tool(ex VisualUIA Verify) and I am unable to automate it. So, is there any other way by which I can implement a provide for such third party controls or may be if there is some other way to automate such controls?
    • Moved by Kristin Xie Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:28 AM third-party related
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Siddhant_Agarwal,

Because you use the third party control in your application, I am not sure whether you can use the Windows Automation Framework or not, and you could also ask this component’s vendor for help.

So I am sorry that I move this case to off topic forum, because Visual C#  forum aims to discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

If you have any C# programming issues, please feel free to ask there and I will try my best to help.

Best Regards,

Alex

• Edited by Alex zcp Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:27 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:26 AM
  • Hello Alex,

The Spread uses Windows Form Control as its base class. I checked with the vendor, they haven't implemented an automation provider for their control. So, is there any other way around to automate it?

Thanks,

Siddhant

Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:10 AM
  • Hi Siddhant_Agarwal,

>>So, is there any other way around to automate it?

You could refer to the following link. I hope that it can help you.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/winuiautomation/2010/05/10/custom-ui-automation-providers-in-depth-part-1/

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/winuiautomation/2010/05/12/custom-ui-automation-providers-in-depth-part-2/

Note: “Most of the standard UI controls, like buttons and combo boxes, already have UI Automation interfaces. But a custom control would not.”

Best Regards,

Alex

• Edited by Alex zcp Friday, March 25, 2016 7:00 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2016 6:47 AM